Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Settling in

So we have officially been here for a month and have applied for resident visas that we will pick up on September 4th. We also both have jobs, scooters, awesome (and safer) new helmets, and have made our first trip to costco. I think it is safe to say that Ben and I officially live in Kaohsiung, Taiwan. We are really happy. We miss convenience and familiarity some days, but overall we are excited to be here and to be finally settling in.




Ben and I chatting amidst the rocks down by the beach. Check out Ben's new shades!!

A temple down by the beach. Very beautiful. These are everywhere!

Yes. This is how parents carry their children around the city. These tiny chairs are usually attached to a scooter, but this little kid gets a slower ride.

Nice. This is the face of a man who wants to get things done!

A better picture of the shades.


Anna's friend Cooper came to visit last weekend. Seems that he is taking to Asian culture.

a dog........a dog in a backpack...............a dog in a backpack at a night market. why not?


silly kids.

anna was REALLY excited to go to the beach.

How cute is my new helmet?!!! I smile every time I put it on.
In a few moments, this setting sun will be rising over the east coast. What a small world we live in.

Sandra being a little girl while climbing over the brush left on the beach from the typhoon.
A product of Ben's creative eye. Kinda feels like South America.
Anybody home?

1 comment:

  1. Teehee. Love the pictures. Y'all are both too cute. :) I'd like to see how the doggie backpacks and carseats would fly in Texas...maybe not the carseats. Some people are touchy about the whole "safety" thing.

    ReplyDelete