Tuesday, March 15, 2011

A Run Through Kaohsiung


At the end of February, Ben and I and a few of our friends participated in the Kaohsiung Marathon. Even though I only ran 10k, it felt like a huge personal accomplishment. We started and finished at the World Games Stadium in our city. As we finished we ran in around the track and were on the jumbo screen in the stadium. It was an early morning and a great day! Taroko last November was the catalyst and I am sure there are many more runs to come! Here are some fun pics from our running day!

Outside of the World Games Stadium, our starting point for the run.

Jon and Julia, our two American friends who ran the race with us that day.

Mark, Jon, and Ben getting warmed up for the early morning run.

Ben and I waiting for the start.


Mark, Jon, and Julia.
Caitlin, Julia, and I.


Caitlin and I. We didn't intend on matching, it just happened. Caitlin was my training buddy for this race.

And we're off. Julia in the gray, I am next to her (you can see my leg), and Caitlin waving.

And the boys! Jon in blue shorts, Ben in black shorts, and Mark waving in the orange shirt.

The Mayor of Koahsiung (in red) made it out for the event.

Everyone at the starting mark.

The start for the marathon runners. One day, that will be me.

The finish before anyone came in.

Here I come! 1hour and 15 minutes. At about 1 hour 8 minutes, the first place half marathon runner passed me. To be clear, this man finished 21k before I finished 10k. No wonder he makes money doing this.

Ben at the finish line at 1hr 8 minutes.

Caitlin beating us all 1 hour 2 minutes. Congrats!

No comments:

Post a Comment