Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Malapascua - The Island of Paradise!!

Our most recent excursion was to a little island in the Philippines called Malapascua. After trains, taxis, planes, buses, and boats, we arrived in this beautiful oasis. Our trip was a collage of snorkeling blue corals, eating mangos - lots and lots of mangoes, playing with local children, and tons of laying on the beach. Malapascua was one of the most beautiful places I have ever been and I can't wait to return. Here are some snapshots from our trip. Enjoy!
-Court

Our brief trip to Malapascua was very impressionable and left us anticipating our return.The island is small and supports a population of 2000ish people. There are no cars or proper roads on the island, not there is any need for them, the walking trails and motorcycle paths do just fine. All the people we met were incredibly friendly and genuine. The food was fantastic, everything is cheap, and the entertainment is extensive. Not to mention the most unbelievable stargazing around. I love Malapascua!
-Ben























6 comments:

  1. Hi Ben and Courtney,

    This is my first time to post, so I hope it goes through ok. I enjoy reading your blog.

    It is great that you can experience and visit so many new places. All the pictures you post are awesome. The ones in this post look so beautiful.

    What is the weather like now? A week or so ago I had to go to work at noon and just after I left the house, it started to rain...then it poured to hard I couldn't see and the sky was dark and gray. Luckily everyone else was going 20 mph. It was so scary. It took me an hour and 9 minutes to go 25 miles. I was only 2 min. late for work. There were even times when the cars were just stopped on HWY 121 because you could not see. The water was so high on the service road, I almost thought I wouldn't make it through it. Now it is hot.

    Well, hope your are doing well.
    Take care,
    Yvonne and George

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Court,
    What a beautiful vacation!!! This is really the first I've been able to see due to the business of my life.

    I need to know more about that puppy sitting on Ben's lap. Did you finally get a dog?! It is SO CUTE!!!!!!

    Love you! Glad you had fun on your trip! Sounds like you ate enough mango for me too. That's my fav fruit you know ;)

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love mango! Your pics are gorgeous. I check your blog semi-frequently and really enjoy the updates. I especially loved the entry about the fireworks. I told several people about that one -- amazing!

    We miss you two around here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can you give me your e-mail??
    I miss C6b!!!!
    my e-mail goldensnitch1018@yahoo.com.tw
    my blog http://www.wretch.cc/blog/goldensnitch

    miss you

    April

    ReplyDelete
  5. I lost my link to your blog and just re-found it! Looks like you guys are still having an awesome time (and Ben got a little bit hairier). Keep updating because my adverturous side is living vicariously through you. Miss you!

    Michaela

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ditto on the puppy! Soooooo cute! is it yours?

    Miss you guys, looks like you guys are still able to have a ton of fun!

    Live it up!

    -Emily S

    ReplyDelete