Thursday, December 16, 2010

I'll be home for Christmas!!

So I am finally coming home! It has been a year and a half since I have set foot on American soil and what a perfect time to break that streak than for Christmas! I will only be home for 2 and half weeks and then I will return to Taiwan, but I am really excited to see everyone! I'm coming you guys!!

Before I leave, I thought I might post some pics from the holidays in Taiwan. It has been a crazy hectic, but super fun Halloween, Thanksgiving, and pre-Christmas. Enjoy! See you soon!

Halloween:
Halloween at KNS with my students. Two days full of candy, games, and trick-or-treating at 7 Eleven.
Our staff. Do we look ridiculous or what? Are they sure we are responsible enough to work with children?
My student, Angel, and I. She is a cute and extremely happy little princess.
Caitlin and I - Thing 1 and Thing 2. Cat in the Hat is universally appreciated!

Thanksgiving:


My baked goods for Thanksgiving celebrations at work. All home made! Pumpkin bread on the left and apple pie on the right. Both made in that tiny toaster oven you see in the back.

Friends sitting around waiting to consume a fantastic Thanksgiving meal. (left to right) Mark O., Mark P., Ben, Jon and me in the background.
Julia and I putting the finishing touches on the feast. Check out my home made pecan pie!!
Jon working his magic on the grill.
The "formal" Thanksgiving photo.
Julia and I putting the essential ingredient (marshmallows) atop the sweet potato pie casserole.

Christmas:


Christmas baking. Yummy peanut butter balls!

Christmas cookie decorating with my students. (left to right) Terra, Kevin, Johanna, and Vivi.

Not sure if eating or decorating was more fun for Terra.
Caitlin's class joined in the festivities.
All my B-level kids. Merry Christmas!


No comments:

Post a Comment