Last November, Ben and I joined in the Taroko Marathon held each year on the east coast. Sorry this post is a bit out of order, but I really wanted to share this trip with everyone. Ben ran the half marathon totaling 21k. I came along for support and ran the 5k fun run. Running is a fun new hobby and very popular in Taiwan. I will post pictures after our next race at the end of February. Ben will again run the half - 21k and I have upgraded! I am training for the 10k. Enjoy these pics of our last run.

At the race start early on the misty morning.

All the runners. A group tied smiley face balloons to their hats so they would know where the others were, or just to brighten up the place. I could find Ben easily in the crowd due to the fact that he stood about 5 inches taller than everyone else.

Pre-run stretching and warm up.

An hour later, me at the race start. I got to run behind super moms with their strollers and grandmas on their morning walk.

Worth a thousand words.

A satisfied smile at the end of a long run.
The next day, Ben and I rented bikes and rode through the gorge. A gorgeous, misty day tour of the east coast.





Check me out! I'm riding a bike and loving it!

A beautiful bend in the river.

The End.
No comments:
Post a Comment