Saturday, July 11, 2009

Alpine Adventures


"That back tire paid for my college tuition this year...." - Allie Collar.


Below is some of the extremely entertaining dialogue that Ben and I engaged in while climbing thousands of feet through the Alps. Know that all of these words are verbatim and nothing AT ALL has been embellished...........please, you should know me better than that.
Court - "Ben, do you see that trail? We have a long way to go!!"
Ben - "Yeah, but check out this view! I could stand this for 3 more hours......."
Court - "....definitely, but is there a bathroom out here?"
Ben - "Pick a tree."
Court - "GranMary would love to see this!"

Ben - "See those houses, waaaaaaaaaay down to the left? There's a train station down there somewhere and our train leaves in 4 hours. Let's do this!"
Court - "Uh, Ben, I don't see our trail on this sign. And are you sure that we can just walk through the field like that? I don't want to anger the cows...."
Ben - "Um, your point is moo.......you know, like a cows opinion, it's moo."
Court - "At least it's downhill."
Ben - "Rocky Road?!"
Court - "Check out that view........and I mean more than the Alps!"
Ben - "I'm too sexy for my apricot."
Please click on this picture to enlarge and read it. It sums up very well the feeling that the Alps leave with you.
View from our hotel window. I know, right?!!!!!
View from our breakfast table. I know right?!!!! Keeps getting better.
I have to admit, this is the single most deserved and spectacular sunset I have ever enjoyed.
Court - "Ben, tell me your dreams, your visions, your inspirations..."
Ben - "huh? I don't know. If we start hiking at 5 am do you think we could make it to the summit by nightfall?"
Ben - "Excuse me, which way to Grindelwald?"
Court - "I told you they didn't want us walking through their field."
Ben - "pretty girl pretty flower."
Court - "um, thanks. can't believe I am hiking with my hair down!"
Ben- - "just do it for me!"
Ben added this one.
How much do you want to live in this valley? I picked the fixer-upper on the right.....
Ben - "See that last peak way over there? That's our next turn."
Court - "I'm following you! Let's do this!"



This is a little place that we walked to from the Collar's. The white thing in the background is a movie screen they set up and show movies outside. Cute little couple that owns the mountainside diner. You walk up, take food, and leave money in the honesty jar. If all of life was that simple. And yes, you can sit and have dinner in the barrel to the right. Oh the Swiss!!







This is quite the front yard isn't it!















Met some new friends on Schyinge Platte. Fresh milk anyone?

1 comment:

  1. the alps are beautiful. my fav photo is the one of ben talking to the cow...btw the saying goes "it's moo...like a cow's opinion...it doesn't matter." just FYI. if you're going to quote friends you might as well do it right.

    love you both! -kel

    ReplyDelete