So our last day in Hong Kong, we finally ventured out to see some of the city. After having to come back to the hotel to change in to more weather appropriate clothing (we all thought Texas humidity was killer, please. That is the driest heat I have ever experienced compared to the stifling humidity in Hong Kong), Ben and I walked through Victoria Park and on to the Harbour to watch the light show. Enjoy these few moments.

Walking through the subway station and......what is that? The Little Prince musical?!!!!! WHAT?!!! So good to know this exists! And I don't care what anyone says - Hong Kong metros take the prize. Efficient, super clean, extremely easy to use, they got it going on. Wonderfully well rounded. Hey, and if you ever want to escape the heat, just head underground and you be shivering by the time you get to Tsung Tei Suen!

Ben being artsy with my camera. Kinda cool.

From the mainland looking south on the Hong Kong Island skyline. Ben and I ate "Mr. Softee" ice cream cones and watched the light show.

We are REALLY excited to see this light show!! By the way, can I just comment how cool the fog looks in the background? It is covering the mountain tops that are just behind all the buildings. Hong Kong is very green and lush outside the city. Very beautiful.
Victoria Park in Hong Kong. You can not imagine Ben's excitement when we stumbled upon this Chinese man and his electric boat. Double click on the picture - it's a video. Yes, that's right, Ben wanted to take video. I had to hold him back from jumping across the pool and grabbing the remote out of the man's hand!
This day concludes our trip around the world. Thanks for following with us. Tomorrow we head home - to our new home in Taiwan. Our posts will be fewer and more far between, but please keep up with our adventure as we hope to keep up with yours, wherever you may be.
court, that pic of you above is HILARIOUS to me b/c right now as we speak the same photo of me exists on facebook...that all veins and bone neck strain is so very attractive :)
ReplyDeletetoo bad you couldn't get tickets to see the musical! i would have loved to be there!
Fun, fun! I finally found your site after feverishly searching "blogspot" and "filbert" on google. Good to see you both managed to make your way to the right part of the world. :)
ReplyDelete